The More I Practise The Luckier I Get – Chris Patti (my wonderful Papa)
Love these words from my Papa.
Somethings just take time …
When I first started I couldn’t get my knee to the ground on bodyweight ones. Now I do sets with 50 Kilos on my shoulders.
Every new technique takes me time to get my head around.
I find myself saying this quote to my son H about his times tables 🙂
Have the privilege of sometimes training at the Tedworth House gym. The work that the guys do here is truly inspirational.
Sassy Pants are on. Legs Day it is. Let’s do this.
Think I’ll wear a different pair of Sassy Pants each day of the week 🙂
I may not be the strongest, I may not be the fastest, but I’ll be damned if I am not trying my hardest.
One of the reasons I love weight training is I am only in competition with myself. Each week I strive to improve whether it be weights or reps. Little by little. Inch by Inch. Striving to improve 🙂
Not pretty but here I am scoring a PB in Glute Back Bridges 82.5Kgs 4 Sets 10 Reps
A question I am often asked is how do I have smooth skin on my hands and lift?
I do take care of them as no one wants a massage that feels like it’s being done with sandpaper 🙂
My 3 musts that work for me are:
- Hemp Hand Protector from The Body Shop is an amazing hand cream. Skin is transformed after using it and no greasy residue. I use this when I wake up, after I lift and before bed. Sometimes extra if a deadlifting day
- Liquid Chalk. Helps my grip to.
- Wrist Straps when required which is usually when I am doing walking lunges or deadlifts. Using some pretty decent weights then
- Deadstop Smith Press 25KG 6 Sets 6 Reps
- Military Press 22.5KG 4 Sets 4 Reps
- Bench Press Block Press 20KG 3 Sets 15 Reps
- Depth Push Ups 4 Sets 8 Reps
- Arnold Press 4 Sets 8KG Dumbbells 6 Reps 1 Set 9KG Dumbbells 6 reps
- Lateral Raises 4KG Dumbbells 2 Sets 25 Reps
- Reverse Lunges with 16KG Dumbbells 4 Sets 16 Reps
- Single Leg Hip Thrusts 4 Sets 15 Reps either leg
Push is my weakest sessions but each week I aim to increase reps or weights and log it.
Have my plan and go for it – Step by step.
- Pull Ups 6 Sets 6 Reps 5 Kg Under Me (I will achieve Body Weight ones soon)
- Seated Row 4 Sets 10 Reps 150lbs / 68Kgs
- Wide Grip High Rows 3 Sets 15 Reps 10Kg Dumbbell per hand
- Trap Bar Shrugs 5 Sets 12 Reps 55Kgs
- Narrow Grip Pulldown 5 Sets 6 Reps 155lbs / 70.3Kgs
- Single Arm Rows 2 Sets 25 Reps per arm 20lbs / 9Kgs
- Box Squats 4 Sets 15 Reps 40Kgs
- Hammer Curls 3 Sets 10 Reps per arm 10Kgs
Thanks to the lovely chap who loaded me up for my Box Squats 🙂
My PT has given me a new training program which is (quite rightly) really challenging me and I love it.
Above picture is me scoring a PB in my walking lunges with 26Kg Dumbbells in either hand.
Would like to achieve sets of walking lunges with 30Kgs within a fortnight.
Lets watch these legs grow. #GettingStronger #GettingLeaner #Legsday
You can follow my PT on Twitter @AlexJamesRitson