This 3 Bean Chilli is so delicious and versatile.
I love mine with rice or cornbread or with a baked egg on top. How will you eat yours?
So simple to make and a good source of protein, fibre and carbs.
Macros per serving is:
Calories 252, Protein 14.2g, Carbs 37g, Fiber 13.5g and Fats 3g.
- 1 Tsp Coconut Oil
- 200g White Onion
- 3 Cloves Of Garlic
- 250g Of Red And Yellow Peppers
- 35g Green Chillies (About 3 use less if you prefer a milder chilli)
- 1 Tbsp Double Concentrated Tomato Puree
- 2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper (use half if you prefer a milder chilli)
- 1 Tin Kidney Beans (240g Drained Weight)
- 1 Tin Cannellini Beans (230g Drained Weight)
- 1 Tin Black Eyed Beans (230g Drained Weight)
- 2 Tins Chopped Tomatoes (800g)
- Bunch Of Fresh Coriander
You will need:
- Vegetable Chopping Board
- Sharp Knife
- Food Processor
- Large Saucepan / Cooking Casserole Dish
- Scales / Measuring Spoons
- Tin Opener
Peel Your onion and garlic
Take the core and tops of your peppers
Pop in blender and blitz
Not to a paste but until small pieces
Add your chillies
Blitz briefly again
Melt your coconut oil over a medium heat
Add your onion, garlic, chilli and pepper mix and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
Add your tomato puree, cayenne pepper and smoked paprika.
Mix in well and cook for another 2 minutes
Rinse and drain your beans with fresh water in a colander
Add your thoroughly drained beans and tomatoes to pan
Simmer for 10 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until it has a lovely thick texture and is piping hot
Serve up and add fresh coriander on top.
This keeps well in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days
It also freezes well.